Did you know that many cosmetic surgery procedures can be performed in an in-office setting?
Here in Denver, Colorado, Manish H. Shah, M.D., FACS has perfected the process of performing many cosmetic surgical procedures in an in-office setting. There are many reasons one might choose to have their cosmetic surgery performed outside of the hospital or surgery center setting. The following is a list of reasons many of Dr. Shah’s patients have elected to have their procedures performed in his office:
1. They are afraid or anxious about general anesthesia safety issues
2. They are healthy enough for non-monitored procedures (no continous monitoring of heart rate, blood pressure, or oxygen levels) – Level 1 anesthesia (Colorado Board of Medicine)
3. They feel more comfortable with the idea of having their procedure using only Valium (or similar medication) for sedation/relaxation, and using local anesthesia (like at the dentist’s office.)
4. They are interested in saving money!! (in-office procedures do not have anesthesiologist fees or facility/equipment fees associated with them)
There are many different procedures that Dr. Shah has performed using only sedation with Valium and local anesthesia here at his cosmetic surgery office in Denver/Englewood, Colorado:
1. Facelift (rhytidectomy)
2. Eyelift (blepharoplasty)
3. Ear pinning (otoplasty)
4. Nasal tip rhinoplasty – primary
5. Revision rhinoplasty
6. Non-surgical rhinoplasty
7. Mini tummy tuck (abdominoplasty)
8. Reverse tummy tuck (reverse abdominoplasty)
9. Small area liposuction
10. Breast lift (mastopexy)
11. Breast implant revision
12. Laser resurfacing of the face, neck, chest, and hands
13. Chin implants
14. Scar revisions of all types
In fact, over 90% of Dr. Shah’s patients will have procedures performed this way. With a yearly caseload averaging around a 1000 facial and body/breast surgical procedures, this means that many patients have had their procedures this way.
If you are interested in finding out more about your options with regards to cosmetic surgery performed in an in-office setting, please contact Jenny Romano of Shah Aesthetic Surgery in Denver, Colorado at (303) 708-8234.